Monday, June 2, 2008

Simple Exercises

Sob, sob, :! Friends who recently seen me said I had gained weight... :P
Must be too much food & lack of exercise...
I must be more disciplined to resume my daily exercises
K, let me introduce my favourite simple exercise moves:
Eight Form Moving Meditation (click link for pictures & illustrations ) learnt from Dharma Drum Mountain. :-)

It is simple yet effective, some moves that you could do while watching TV (if you are not using it as meditation as it originally intended for :P)

For a lazy person like me, I only concentrate mainly on 4 moves:

The 2nd form: Neck exercise is especially good for office workers who may develop stiff necks sitting long hours before the pc.

The 1st & 3rd form : Waist & Hip rotation will help you develop a more visible/slimmer waistline if you consistently do it for a week.

For the Fifth form: Swing For me , I prefer to do away with the bending. I read from somewhere that if you swing 2000 times morning, day & night, (with firm lower part of body & relax upper part of your body) for about 5 months, you could cure many illness including certain types of cancer (disclaimer: to refer to book for actual details) .
However, I believe doing it as many times as you can afford (easily 100 times within a few minutes) helps improve your blood circulation and is good enough for maintaining a healthy body.

Nevertheless, It is best to do all 8 forms if you have time (there must be a reason for the 8 moves to be choosen) but if not, you may selectively do what you feel best for yourself. Some action is better than none....:P
(I am so sorry if I had distorted the gems behind the 8 Form Moving Meditation...)

Cheers for a healthier lifestyle:-)

No comments: