Sunday, June 7, 2009

嗡嗎呢唄美吽-南無觀世音菩薩


嗡嗎呢唄美吽南無觀世音菩薩。
無礙。
滅定業真言(童音集)

After a long search for a new tune of chanting "Om Mani Padme Hum with chanting of Guanyin Pusa" that I heard from a retreat, I finally found something similar from the 1st song of this album. Voices from the children ...very refreshing though I would still prefer that being sung by the Venerables (with more devotion put in from my fading memory of the retreat). Was told that for this tune of chanting, there wasn't the adult version and only sung in retreats (Fahui).
I do hope that the Venerables who had recently began participating in making of new albums for WSD for free distribution could have this in mind for their next album. :-)

This album comes in a series and can be found in most stores, but my favourite hunt for such Buddhist Cds is the 3rd level store at Spore Buddhist Lodge which opens only on Sundays, manned by a group of volunteers. The prices there are usually cheaper than what I see in the market, do visit it yourself to find the great discount you can get from there. :-)

And there is a new trolley cart stall near the main shrine that sells a variety of vegetarian tibits and biscuits. Do Look out for it...:-)

No comments: