Tuesday, August 9, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!




Happy Birthday Singapore!
How Time flies, 9 Aug 2011 already!!!

I didn't feel any festive mood until today when tuned to the radio that all the old favourite
National Parade theme songs such as


"Stand Up for Singapore":

Stand up for Singapore, do the best you can
Reach out for your fellow man
You've got to make a stand
Recognise you can play your part
Let it come right from your heart
Be prepared to give a little more
Stand up, stand up for Singapore

Stand up for Singapore, do it with a smile
If you stand up for Singapore
You'll find it all worthwhile
Believe in yourself, you've got something to share
So show us all you really care
Be prepared to give a little more
Stand up, stand up for Singapore

Singapore our home and nation
Together with determination
Join in like we've never done before
Stand up, stand up for Singapore ( X 3 )



"Count on Me Singapore":

We have a vision for tomorrow, just believe, just believe
We have a goal for Singapore, we can achieve, we can achieve
You and me, we'll do our part, stand together, heart to heart
We're going to show the world what Singapore can be
We can achieve, we can achieve

There is something down the road that we can strive for
We are told no dream's too bold that we can't try for
There's a spirit in the air, it's a feeling we all share
We're going to build a better life, for you and me
We can achieve, we can achieve

Count on me Singapore, count on me to give my best and more
You and me, we'll do our part, stand together, heart to heart
We're going to show the world what Singapore can be
We can achieve, we can achieve

Chorus:
Count on me Singapore, Count on me Singapore
Count on me to give my best and more, count on me Singapore

( Repeat Chorus )

Together Singapore Singapore ( X 2)



and

"We are Singapore" :



There was a time when people said
That Singapore won't make it, but we did
There was a time when troubles seemed too much
For us to take, but we did
We built a nation, strong and free, reaching out together
For peace and harmony

Chorus 1:
This is my country, this is my flag
This is my future, this is my life
This is my family, these are my friends
We are Singapore, Singaporeans


Singapore our homeland, it's here that we belong
All of us united, one people marching on
We've come so far together, our common destiny
Singapore forever, a nation strong and free

( Repeat Chorus 1 )

( Sung )
We the citizens of Singapore
Pledge ourselves as one united people
Regardless of race, language or religion
To build a democratic society
Based on justice and equality
So as to achieve happiness
Prosperity and progress for our nation

Chorus 2:
We are Singapore, we are Singapore
We will stand together, hear the lion roar
We are Singapore, we are Singapore
We're a nation strong and free forevermore

( Repeat Chorus 1 & 2 )

We are Singapore, Singaporeans ( X 2 )

[ Above Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/singapore_national/count_on_me_singapore.html ]

came buzzing. ..


Memories of good old school days when we learnt to sing, transiting from the classic to the remixed versions. Ah... Good old days...



Late evening, caught a snapshot of the helicopters with the National flag flying past the housing estate.






Spectacular firework scenes captured via TV screen at comfort of home.:-)



Viewing the National Parade at the comfort of our home, S & I being long out of school, did the now once a year event: Singing "Majulah Singapura" and took our pledge at the comfort of our home with the nation. :-)



Majulah Singapore (Onward Singapore)


May we continue to progress peacefully towards prosperity and happiness :-)

No comments: