Friday, April 20, 2012

Lecture on "Universal Door Chapter 25" by Dharma Master Heng Sure in Singapore

What a coincidence, it was starting from 19th too last year that he started his series of talk.
This year from 19th-22nd Apr, 1 day more and the Lecture is on "Universal Door Chapter 25" and on the 1st nite he already made people appreciate the sutra better by using many interesting stories to illustrate benefits of reciting the name of Guanshiyin Bodhisattva; why is the Bodhisattva Guanshiyin called ‘Guanshiyin’?

His 1st song for the nite: "She carries me" by Jennifer Berezan:
"She is a boat she is a light high on a hill in dark at night
She is a wave She is the deep She is the dark where angels sleeps
when all is still and peace abides She carries me to the other side.

*Chorus
She carries me She carries me
She carries me to the other side. (x2)

And though I walk through valleys deep and shadows chases me in my sleep
On rocky clifs I stand alone I had no name I had no home
with broken wings I reach to fly she carries me to the other side.
*Chorus

A thousand arms a thousands eyes A thousands ears to hear my cries
She is the gate She is the door She leads me through and back once more.
When day has dawn When death is night She’ll carries me to the other side.
*Chorus

She is the first, she is the last she is the future and the past
Mother of all, of earth and sky She carries me to the other side
*Chorus"

~ found the lyrics at  http://www.invibes.net/she-carries-me/

He ends the nite by folk-singing "Dedication of merits".
Very enjoyable night, 3 more nites to attend...


No comments: