Saturday, May 5, 2012

HAPPY VESAK DAY!



Stressed with work commitment, wasn't able to enjoy Vesak Day as well but managed to have a wonderful short session of Om chanting  at DKOm centre where the lead chanter of past Om retreats at kmspks, Lama Dawa, was the Resident Lama.
I had always liked English translated Tibetian prayers, really very motivational:-)

An extract from their prayer book on Motivation Prayer:

I vow to obtain the most perfect and precious Buddhahood quickly
so that all sentient beings, boundless as the sky
And especially those who hate me, those who harm me,
and those who create obstacles on my path may attain liberation and all-knowingness,
may experience happiness, may be separated from suffering and
may attain Buddhahood.

Thus, until I achieve enlightenment,
I perform virtuous deeds with body, speech, and mind.
Until death, I perform virtuous deeds with body, speech, and mind.
From now until tomorrow,
I perform virtuous deeds with body, speech, and mind.

And I also like the ending King of Prayers and Mani Dedication prayers which lead/guide all beings to Amitabha Buddha's Pureland.
Amituofo...

Thereafter, quick visit to the ABC Annual event near Aljunied MRT


Felt much better after the prayers...

May All Be Well,
May All Be Happy
Happy Vesak Day!!!!

Amituofo...

No comments: