Sunday, November 24, 2013

Gratitude to All My Teachers


An Extract of Lam Rim text on Gratitude to Teachers

The Ten Teaching Sutra says:
"Develop the following ideas with respect to your teachers.
I have wandered for a long time through cyclic existence, and they search for me;
I have been asleep, having been obscured by delusion for a long time, and they wake me; they pull me out of the depths of the ocean of existence; I have entered a bad path, and they reveal the good path to me; they release me from being bound in the prison of existence; I have been worn out by illness for a long time, and they are my doctors; they are the rain clouds that put out my blazing fire of attachment and the like."

Although I have not met my samsara Guru yet, I have met many good teachers along the path. I am grateful for their teachings.
The paragraphs are indeed very meaningful!
May All be able to meet good teachers and their guru soon...
Amituofo!

No comments: