Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dharma in Comics for Adults too!



With Gratitude! (Gan En!)

I had a few questions in mind recently and they were resolved and my faith reinforced after reading... yes, the FaHuaJing in comics form.

It is with rekindled interest to visit the Buddhist Life Mission, Venerable Hai Tao's Dharma Centre in Singapore after getting a Buddhist story-book published by the Chung Hua Sutra Printing Association from Taiwan during a recent retreat.

It must be with much blessings that I was given this set by the volunteer during the visit to the centre.
I was told that this was just returned to the centre and most likely the volunteer must had noticed my excitement in discovering the other story-book/comics Gems at the centre that he offered them to me amongst other visitors.:P
With good and easier to understand explanation of the Sutra (I believe is just parts of it) incorporated into comics, I found the answers to a couple of queries that I had and appreciate this introduction to FaHuaJing as a sutra recommendable to all by the Buddha. I pray for the opportunity to be able to appreciate the actual text in the near future.
May more sutras be re-translated into easier to understand mode to reach out to more and printing of more such publications could be supported by all.
Amituofo!

The Buddhist Life Mission is located at 19-B Lorong Bachok (Off Geylang Lor 19) Singapore 387788.
It often organises life release activities and if you are interested, you may call their centre at 6836 9088 (after 12pm) for more details of their activities.
And just discovered they have a blog: http://buddhistlife2006.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments: