Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Japanese Comics


I am a Japanese comics lover. Ever since reading my 1st Japanese comic: 小甜甜 while I was still a kid, I fell in love with them. Generally, Japanese comics especially those 少女漫画 have beautiful & handsome characters with strongwilledness & cheerful characters with very motivational stories.
I remember my sis & I used to have to go to book rental shops to rent comics or visit bookshops to buy or read comics (gone are the days when comics are still not as expensive as now & not wrapped up to allow some browsing:P).
I think during our student time, our library does not have much or any collection of comics. Wow, I am rather impressed with quite a good collection of Japanese comics at the National Library nowadays, & surprised that there is even English version.
This is what I found the other day: KODOCHA SANA'S STAGE by Miho Obana.
It tells about what happens when a child star Sana Kurata tries to fix problems around her & ....Some Comics can be funny that make you laugh & yet touching with morale of story for you to reflect. E.g. like book 6, even tell you one therapy mtd for working things out: Sana's mum: "when you are really upset abt sth, try writing it down on paper, in a "Worry book" , sit down & worry as much as you need to, someday, you'll look back & you won't believe this upset you so much"...writing & thinking ... Maybe it's not as bad as I thought...
Worth a try one of these days, a worth reading comics with fantasy characters, wonder if such good people exist in real life, sigh, good to indulge in fantasy sometimes. Comics can be very motivational too, just like watching drama serial 大长今.
ps. btw, some Jap comics can be PG, RA rated too so not too suitable for young kids :P

No comments: