Thursday, February 13, 2014

Amituofo

One incident that again strengthened my faith of Amitabha Buddha as the Curer King.
While at Bodhgaya, I caught a flu that when at night when the cold air creeps into our room, my running nose became blocked nose (maybe too cold that my mucus hardens) that I cannot breathe normally that I have to use my mouth to breathe which then irritated my infected throat and I coughed badly. So I have to keep blowing my nose to clear my airway for hours.

Well, usually in Singapore, I will sit up to meditate and visualise lights from Amitabha Buddha to bring warmth to cure my illness but I felt lazy and cold at Bodhgaya to sit up and do so. So I recalled, why don't I try the always advocated method of just simply chanting Amitabha Buddha's name. So, a silent prayer for Amitabha Buddha to help me for existing condition was made and I recall by count after 3rd "Amituofo", I fell asleep till day-break! which I believe my suffering could have dragged through the night if I had not prayed for Amitabha Buddha's help.
The same blocked nose situation happened the next nite and similarly after 3rd count, I managed to fall asleep. Well, I believe I prayed to find good medicine too so next day, I decided to entrust myself to a Tibetan doctor to give me some good medicine to ease the problem and it worked. Interestingly Tibetan doctors also take pulse like Traditional Chinese doctors but with instant round pill medicine.
(And diagnosis quite accurate.)
Namo Amituofo!




No comments: