Tuesday, September 30, 2014

看破放下自在随缘念佛


看破放下自在随缘念佛

One day 8 Precepts at SBL led by Venerable Yan Xu.
Difficult to settle down mind due to unfamiliar tune adopted which goes slowly that allows interception of mild thoughts and trying hard to follow the tune (but I would think the level of generation of wild thoughts is already much improvement from my previous sessions). When circumambulating, looking up on the wall are the good reminders of practice:
看破放下自在随缘念佛

了知看不破, 但心尽量放下妄想,自在随缘念佛
is the best that I could try and really good reminders whenever I pass by the wall and still not in concentration mode.

12 hours of circumambulating! By last session, my legs aches from all the walking and I thought I would suffer worse aches the next day but surprisingly the aches disappeared when woke up next day.

No Dinner for the night! I thought Glutton me would suffer badly from gastric attacks but surprisingly just mild stomach stir & wind this round.
Purification by Bodhgaya or the energy here is good with Blessings.

And knowing no dinner, no wild thoughts on dinner while chanting, a distraction down!  Feeling is good that until next morning, still not hungry.
By skipping dinner, no time is wasted on What & Where to have dinner, Time to prepare and eat dinner, body feels light! Should do this more often, but right environment is important to practise that as our habits will come back to induce us. 
That reminds one of importance of going to Pureland, the conducive environment  to practise until certain levels of attainments without distractions.




No comments: